You don't need an A&E if you have a minor injury

Date: 18 January 2017

If you have a minor injury including a broken bone (arms, legs, hands and feet) you don't need to go to an A&E.

You can come to an Minor Injuries Unit (MIU) instead and the emergency nurse practitioners will assess your injury and if needed arrange an x-ray. You can have the x-ray at a MIU at a community hospital near you.  

X-ray is available to clinicians at these MIUs and during these times:

Bridgwater 08:30-17:00 (Mon-Fri)
West Mendip 09:00-17:00 (Mon-Fri)
Shepton Mallet 09:00-17:00 (Mon-Fri)
Frome 09:00-17:00 (Mon-Fri)
Minehead 09:00-17:00 (Mon-Fri)

If you need an x-ray after your assessment the nurse will arrange it.  The emergency nurse practitioners will be able to tell you what treatment you need after the examination.

For more information about all our MIUs please visit our webpage.