Role of Health Visitor
Getting to Know your Health Visiting Service
Why are we here?
Family life and brining up children is rewarding, but can also be challenging. It has been widely recognised that your child’s early years are really important and will influence their development and future achievements.
The aim of the Health visiting team is to work with you to identify areas that may impact upon the overall health and well-being of your family. Together we will develop a plan to support you and your children so that they have the best possible start in life.
How we can help
Health visitors can help and support you to make healthy choices for yourself and your family.
We can help with:
- Infant feeding and family diet
- Child development
- Healthy weight and physical activity
- Emotional health and wellbeing
We can sign post for guidance on:
- Safeguarding children
- Access to education and employment
- Smoking, drug and alcohol misuse
- Access to housing
- Sexual and contraceptive advice