The Service is run by nurses with advanced knowledge and skills in the following:
- Agreed parenteral therapy
- Ankle brachial pressure index (ABPI) assessment for lymphoedema patients
- Blood transfusions
- Catheterisation and agreed catheter care
- Central line management
- Complex wound dressings including vacuum-assisted closure (VAC) therapy
- Disconnection of chemotherapy
- ECG tape management
- Intravenous Immunoglobulin
- Larvae therapy
- Pleurx drains
- Peripherally inserted central catheter (P.I.C.C.) removal
- Taking bloods via central lines
- Vacuum assisted closure (VAC) therapy
- Wound care/dressings (at weekends to support practice nurse care).
The Service is offered in nurse led community clinics with a booked appointment system and clients are seen as outpatients.
Who we see
- We see anyone over the age of 18 years who requires the above care and is able to attend a clinic venue.
- Must be able to have the care safely administered either on a couch or in a chair, or require no more than 1 nurse to assist with any transfers.
Who can refer
We accept referrals from health care professionals only using agreed referral documentation to ensure all relevant information/treatment plan/medications are clarified to ensure safe patient care.
Bridgwater Community Hospital
Bower Lane, Bridgwater, TA6 4GU
Tel: 0300 323 0021
Crewkerne Community Hospital
Middle Path, Crewkerne, TA18 8BG
Tel: 0300 323 0023
Frome Community Hospital
(including Ambulatory Assessment Bed)
Enos Way, Frome, BA11 2FH
Tel: 01373 454799
Shepton Mallet Community Hospital
Old Wells Road, Shepton Mallet, BA4 4PG
Tel: 01749 341104
Taunton - Kilkenny Court
Station Approach, Taunton, TA2 7QL
Tel: 0300 323 0026
Williton Community Hospital
North Road, Williton, Taunton, TA4 4RA
Tel: 01984 635665
To make an appointment please contact the relevant clinic telephone number.