We can help you regain your confidence, improve your quality of life and most importantly, reduce your chances of further heart problems. Many people are able to return to normal activities following a heart attack, treatment for angina symptoms with an angioplasty and stents or coronary artery bypass surgery.
Who we are
We are a county wide team, with a service manager, specialist nurses, a physiotherapy assistant, a health psychologist and exercise specialists.
What we do
We support people living with heart disease who are discharged from hospital to recover from a cardiac event.
- specialist advice and support with lifestyle changes, physical activity and support with emotional wellbeing
- a supervised exercise programme adapted to suit all abilities
- a supported home based programme
How we work
To help you we can provide
- telephone support and advice
- a personal and comprehensive individualised assessment of your risk factors associated with heart disease.(your partner or carer can attend if you wish)
- help to identify your needs and choose the best plan of cardiac rehabilitation for you
- advice and support to set your own goals and make lifestyle changes which will help you
How you can you access these services
We usually receive a referral for you from the hospital. We are also happy to accept a referral from your GP practice or from yourself. You can download a referral form by clicking on the link. A referral form contains personal and sensitive information so please make sure that the form is sent to us in a safe and secure way by following this advice.
Please contact one of the following:
Mendip – Wells/Frome
Sedgemoor – Bridgwater & West Somerset – Taunton/Minehead
We aim to contact you within 7 working days of receiving your referral.
Where you can access these services
We run weekly group programmes for 8 weeks in 5 locations across Somerset:
If there is not a programme listed in your area we can put you in touch with a programme nearest to you.
To contact the service please call:
East Team Leader 01749 836516
West Team Leader 01278 410047
Cardiac Services Manager 07881 845243
Professional referrals should be sent via the Internet E-referral to Cardiac.Referral@sompar.nhs.uk
Written correspondence other than referrals should be sent to:
Integrated Lifestyle Service
Unit 8 Bartec 4
Lynx West Trading Estate
You can find some additional useful information if you visit the British Heart Foundation's website www.bhf.org.uk.