Specialist In-reach Liaison to Acute and Community Hospitals
The Older Persons Mental Health Service provides psychiatric liaison support to acute and community hospitals in Somerset.
Who we are
The service includes a specialist Psychiatric Nurse and input from Consultant Psychiatrist and Staff Grade Doctor.
What we do
Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust provides psychiatric liaison services to Acute and CommunityHospitals in Somerset. This enables better treatment for patients in General Hospitals and enables prompt appropriate discharge arrangements. The In-reach Liaison staff offer advice and support to General Hospitals, and assist in the assessment and discharge planning for patients with mental health problems.
How we work
The service provides a regular service to assess patients in acute and community hospitals.
How you can you access these services
Referrals are made by the medical or ward staff in the hospitals.
The urgency of referral is agreed between the referring hospital and the Mental Health Service.
Where you can access these services
Acute hospitals including Musgrove Park Hospital and Yeovil District Hospital , plus the community hospitals across the county contact the local Community Mental Health Team.
Mendip Older Peoples Community Mental Health Service
- The Bridge, Priory Park, Wells, BA5 1TJ
- Frome Medical Centre, Enos Way, Frome, BA11 2FH
Minehead Area Older Peoples Community Mental Health Service
- The Barnfield Unit, Minehead Community Hospital, Luttrell Way, Minehead TA24 6DF
Somerset Coast Area Older Peoples Community Mental Health Service
- Glanville House, Church Street, Bridgwater TA6 5AT
- The Mulberry Centre, Berrow Campus, Brent Road, Berrow TA8 2JU
South Somerset Older Peoples Community Mental Health Service
- Magnolia House, 56 Preston Road, Yeovil, BA20 2BN
Taunton Deane Area Older Peoples Community Mental Health Service
- Foundation House, Wellsprings Road, Taunton, TA2 7PQ