Free Awareness Workshop for Service Users, Families and Carers
We run about 4 awareness workshops on Borderline Personality Disorder across the year. The workshops are for anyone who has, or can relate to this diagnosis and are currently receiving services from Community Mental Health Teams in Somerset. The workshops are also open to the person’s family members, friends, or carers.
These workshops cover:
- The diagnosis and what Borderline Personality Disorder is
- What it means to live with Borderline Personality Disorder or care for someone who experiences these symptoms
- Accepting the diagnosis and its positive benefits
- How Borderline Personality Disorder affects relationships
- Treatment options available in Somerset and how to access them
This is covered in a one day workshop across various locations in Somerset. Remaining workshops for 2015 and those planned for 2016:
- West Mendip Community Hospital, Glastonbury, Thursday 7 July 2016 - FULLY BOOKED
- Bridgwater YMCA, Thursday 22 September 2016
- South Petherton Community Hospital, Friday 4 November 2016
You can download the Evaluation of the Borderline Personality Disorder Awareness Workshops project report here.
How can I access these workshops?
For more information on the workshops or to find one near you please contact:
Tel: 01935 428 420
Please bear in mind that these workshops are very popular and spaces go quickly so please get in touch as soon as you can for the best chance of securing places.