The overall aim of the service is to help people with a mental health issue to take more control over their own wellbeing and recovery. The service will provide a recovery based self-management programme and peer support training for people who are care coordinated and referred by Somerset Partnership NHS Foundation Trust.
The service will support recovery care plans and empower people to understand their own mental health and wellbeing and their pathways to recovery.
Making life better
Whatever the situation, whatever your history, we belive that we can all change for the better and that we can learn from our own experiences and the experiences of others.
The most important people in our service are the people who use the service, their families, relatives and carers. Our most important resource, are the staff that provide their support, care and treatment.
In the work we do, you can expect to:
- be treated with compassion, respect and dignity
- be fully involved in decisions that affect you and be provided with information that will be helpful to you
- work in partnership with the staff
- be empowered to learn and develop
To support people to take back control of their lives, through organising and planning their own recovery journey through the following principles:
- Having things to look forward to
- Being optimistic
- Believing in a better future
- Taking as much control of your life as possible
- Making your own decisions
- Expressing your own preferences
- Being able to speak up for yourself
- Being clear about what you want
- Being clear about your rights
- Having a network of people around you
- Being able to ask for the help that you need
- Being able to help others
- Being able to learn and grow as a person
- Having the power and respect that learning brings
- Understanding what is happening to you and others
Taunton TA2 7PQ
Tel: 01823 368350