All foundation trusts are required to have a Constitution and the Constitution sets out clear rules about how the Trust operates and is governed, and includes:
- information on membership and membership constituencies
- information on the composition of the Board of Directors and the Council of Governors
- rules by which the election to the Council of Governors is to be conducted
- rules on the appointment and reappointment for the Chairman and other Non-Executive Directors
- the Standing Orders for the Board of Directors and the Council of Governors
- information on the reports to be presented to the annual members’ meeting
- the process for approving changes to the Constitution
You can download a copy of the Trust’s Constitution by clicking on the link.
As an NHS organisation, we also operate within the context of the NHS Constitution which establishes the principles and values of the NHS in England. It sets out rights to which patients, public and staff are entitled, and pledges that the NHS is committed to achieving . It also sets out responsibilities, which the public, patients and staff owe to one another to ensure that the NHS operates fairly and effectively.
You can download a copy of the NHS Constitution by clicking on the link.